I am writing this because I know, the world can read it.
I am writing this because I hope, the world will notice it.
As of this moment, my relatives, friends and fellow Bulakenyos in Calumpit, Hagonoy, Pulilan, Obando, Bulakan and kababayans in other parts of our country are in need of the following due to massive flooding left by Typhoon Pedring:
1. Prayers. The easiest and most powerful.
2. Rubber Boats. If your municipalities can lend us your spare boats, it can really help as there are still lots of families waiting at their roofs to be rescued.
3. Chopper. Some parts that need rescuing can’t be reached by rescuers by boat. Nothing’s impossible here.
4. Bed sheets for the evacuation centers
5. Canned Goods and Noodles. Relief goods that will last longer.
6. Drinking water. They don’t have access to clean and safe water as of the moment.
7. Extra clothes. Most of them haven’t saved a thing from their washed out properties.
9. Financial Assistance. Money is supposed to lubricate things so let it ease the rehabilitation. There is NO LITTLE PLEDGE. Every donation counts.
10. Volunteers. People who can share their time.
You can contact (044) 791 0566 to ask how you can send your support. Or may Google agencies and networks where you can give your donations. Let’s use the power of the internet. I know,
nothing’s impossible here. Wherever you are, you can do something.
Ople Center 833 5337/ 833 9562
Bulacan NDRRMC Relief Operations 0980 882 4882/ (044) 793 2619
The other side of the world is just a click away…so why not reach out?
This is a test we shall pass.
THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY.
Let’s stop blaming the officials and MAKE A MOVE.
LIFE is MORE IMPORTANT than opinions.
The world can read this, I know.
PS. If you have relatives in the affected areas who are still waiting for rescuers, tell them to go to safe higher places as the flood level is expected to rise. Another typhoon will visit us and our dam will definitely need to release more water. Tell them to save batteries, prepare flashlights and mirrors to make them noticeable in the dark. There is a roaming chopper for rescue operations. Stay safe.